The news site of Bullard High School.

Charger Online

It’s time for a little ‘Justice’

Miguel Montoya, Staff Writer

Warner Brothers and DC comics released last weekend the first full trailer for the upcoming movie Justice League. It gave fans the first real glimpse of footage since last year’s San Diego Comic-Con. In Justice League, Bruce Wayne is inspired by Superman’s brave act, and he commits to face an even greater threat. Batman and Wonder Woman work to recruit a team of meta humans to stand against a new enemy.

Here we have our first good look at the Flash. We see him speeding through what could possibly be Metropolis or Central City. Either way, I think I speak for the great majority of people when I say that the Flash looks amazing.

During the trailer, we also get our first real look at Cyborg. While I’m not too excited about the character being mostly CGI (special effects), it’s possible that they haven’t finished editing the CGI and he could look better in the final cut. I just hope he doesn’t end up saying cheesy lines, such as, “You should probably move.” (as he saves a cop from a burning car).

Amber Heard as Aquaman’s wife, Mera? I’m completely on board. She appears to be in Atlantis, but for what exactly? That remains a mystery. While this scene in the trailer was extremely brief, we do get a glimpse of what appears to be a mother box (you know, the computers that connect humans to gods) behind Mera.

Na-na-na-na, Batman! How sweet does the man dressed as a bat look? I’m not going to lie, when we received our first picture of him wearing those goggles, I was not a fan. But taking into consideration that he will only use them when he’s piloting something has given me a great sense of relief. I honestly cannot wait to see him killing parademons with all his new gadgets.

This shot alone was worth waiting months for a new Justice League trailer. Amazonians fighting Parademons on Apakolips? Count me in once more. Justice League appears to be uniting the world that Batman v. Superman and previous DC movies established. Justice League will most likely end one phase of the cinematic universe and start a new one.

I was skeptical before I watched the trailer, but now I’m completely psyched! Bring on the Justice League!