The news site of Bullard High School.

Charger Online

Tebow time again?

Alex Duncan, Staff Writer

It was reported a few days ago that the famous Christian quarterback, Tim Tebow, had been invited to the Philadelphia Eagles facility, to work out with the team. Many people have jumped to the conclusion that the Eagles are going to play through the 2015 NFL season with Tim Tebow under center. To those people I say, “not going to happen”. There are so many reasons why this not a good idea, that I can’t comprehend why anyone would think this is going to happen.

First of all, lets look at this from the standpoint of the player himself. Tim Tebow is not a good quarterback. He has shown us this, time and time again, and he never manages to show that he is capable of leading a team to glory. Yes, Tim Tebow did lead the Denver Broncos to the playoffs back in 2011, but that was not because they were good, it was because there division was the worst in all of football. People will say that Tebow actually won a game in the playoffs against the Pittsburg Steelers, but people forgot what happened to the Broncos the following week in New England. It was a massacre.

Another reason why this does not make any sense is that the Philadelphia Eagles have no reason to sign the quarterback. The Eagles already have there man, Sam Bradford, via the trade from the Rams, and not only that, but they have Mark Sanchez, who despite popular belief had a very successful run with the eagles under center last year. Why would the Eagles need to sign a quarterback who has failed to show the potential of either of these guys? Ill tell you why, because it is good publicity. The Eagles have been one of the hottest teams in free agency this year after signing players like Demarco Murray and Ryan Mathews, as well as trading for all star defensive player Kiko Alonzo. So what else could they do to get people to talk about them? They give Tim Tebow a call.

Tim Tebow is a great person no doubt, and has a career as a sports analyst for the NFL. His career as a quarterback is all but over, however. But who knows a year from now I could be saying how I was wrong and Tebow has just one a super bowl ring with the Eagles, but I highly doubt that is going to happen.