The news site of Bullard High School.

Charger Online

New building tour

Miguel Montoya, Staff Writer

The new two-story classroom building at Bullard finally will be open at the beginning of spring semester. While nearly every student and teacher has seen the outside of it, few of us have seen the inside.

Until this week, that is. Teachers were given an after-school tour Monday to check out the building’s classrooms and climb the stairs to the only second floor on campus. Other unique features of the building include extra large white boards (that double as projection screens), an elevator, and interior hallways.

The first floor will be used for special-education classes and English, the second level for math classes. Teachers who have toured the building and seen what their classes will look like have expressed how excited they are for all the new features and benefits the new building will provide.

Algebra teacher Mrs Martin said, “The most exciting thing about moving in is that we don’t have carpet, because it’s gross and germy.”

The new building will have tile floors instead. Martin hates carpet, because after a while, the carpet becomes stained and dirty and looks really bad. She also said that she likes the tile because it can be easily cleaned and it makes the class look more classy and clean. Martin can’t wait to get into the new building.

Another algebra teacher, Mrs. McNeal, said, “The most exciting thing about moving into the new building is that we actually have hot water. The teachers’ bathrooms in the bungalows only have cold water.”

When it’s 35 degrees in the morning, going to the bathroom and washing your hands with cold water is no fun at all. A lot of Bullard’s teachers and students are really looking forward to the new building just because of the bathrooms will have hot water.

Math and yearbook teacher Mrs. Sanders said, “The most exciting thing about the new building is that we have our own copy machine in the building. Currently, we only have one [working] copy machine on campus, and it’s a mess.”

A lot of the other teachers who are moving in agree. Teachers on campus have to struggle to get copies, since there are only three copy machines, they often break down, and a dozen teachers have to make copies for several different periods.

Staff members are just excited because of all the new features the building will provide, and the feeling of having something new to look forward to at the start of the second semester.

8a1c7ef9-9a9e-4865-8099-e7940375c47e