‘Avengers: Infinity War’ lives up to ALL the hype!

Lauren Fernandez, Staff Writer

Earlier this month, Marvel released their newest and most anticipated movie, Avengers: Infinity War. Many people have been waiting for this movie for more than a year, and may I say, this is probably one of the best Avengers movies that Marvel has ever made.

The movie is about an evil villain named Thanos who wants to obtain all six infinty stones to gain enough power to rule everyone and everything; but all forces team together to stop him. This movie evoked a mix of emotions— you’ll laugh, cry, become furious, and very much surprised.

Infinity War will take you on a journey exploring all of the Marvel superhero universes. From Black Panther’s Wakanda, to Guardians of the Galaxy’s Starlord’s ship in space, to Thanos’ home planet: Titan. All of these worlds you visit are completely spectacular to look at.

All of the effects and visuals in the movie were out of this world (literally), with action around every corner. Although the visuals were good, very few say that the storyline of this movie was not quite up to par.

Some say that most of the heroes “weren’t even trying to fight back” or that the dialogue is just “plain dumb.” However, most would disagree to that.

Marvel is following straight out of the comic book “Infinity War” that came out in June 1992. In the comic, some people will die—possibly your favorite characters. But would you think that they would do that in the movie?

The best parts of this movie were all the jokes. Iron Man made quite a bit of jokes, and the scenes where Thor and Starlord are together are quite enjoyable to watch. A teenage Groot also makes an appearance; he is supposed to be a stereotypical teen portraying teens today.

Marvel is going all out— more movies are coming out to add to Infinity War, such as Ant Man and The Wasp (and other movies that haven’t been verified to come yet). These movies will lead up to part 2 of Infinity War, which is due to release in May of next year.

Overall, this movie is a must see for everyone, Marvel fan or not. It has so much to enjoy; even after the end credits, if you’re patient, you will receive a signal for the next movie.

About the Writer
Lauren Fernandez, Features Editor

Freshman Lauren Fernandez is on the Bullard junior varsity water polo team. When she does not have practice, she enjoys singing, working out, and watching any and all Disney movies. Her goals for high school are to graduate as a valedictorian, to stay in water polo all four years, and to make her family proud. She wants to join Bullard’s Gay-Straight Alliance, so she can understand herself more and meet new people.