Road to Valleys

Delaynie Samora, Staff Writer

The Bullard Boys Varsity Basketball Team went to Selland Arena to take on the Central Grizzles for D1 Valley Championship. Tip-off was at 8:00 PM, and the Bullard student section was completely filled and ready to cheer on their team.

At the end of first quarter, Bullard was behind by 4 points, but they could’ve easily come back from this. By half time, the score was 43-47 with Grizzles taking the lead. After half-time was over, Bullard warmed up to play the second half and win the whole thing.

The Bullard student section was doing anything and everything to distract the Central Grizzles from making their shot. After third quarter was over, the score was tied and at this point, it was anybody’s game– but who wanted it more?

During the fourth quarter, the Knights took the lead 69-68, but the Grizzles had scored and tied the game with 30 seconds left. They stole the ball and scored, which put them 2 points ahead. With 20 seconds left on the clock, Bullard had the ball. The player was going for a 3, but when he bounced the ball it had hit the opponent’s foot. They then took the ball and that was it for the game. The refs should have called a foul on it, but they didn’t, which caused the Knights to lose the game by 2. Overall, Bullard did a fantastic job, and we’re very proud of our Knights!