Road to Valleys for Boys Basketball

Hannah Christensen, Staff Writer

According to world atlas, men’s basketball is currently one of the most popular sports in America. Here at Bullard, the students are big fans of the team, “The student section does have a big impact on how energized the team is before the game. They bring a large hype that players try to perform for.”, commented Jaden Mathershed. The Knights overall record is 26-6. They hold the co CMAC championship title with San Joaquin Memorial.   

This year, the varsity team is mainly made up of seniors, “It is sad knowing this is my last season but at the same time I’m happy because I know I’m spending it with people that have the same goal as me”, said Jalen White. This group of boys are enthusiastic about the game and appreciative of their teammates.  Many of the players have been playing basketball since they were kids, “I’m passionate about the sport because of the friendships and experiences I build as the season goes on”, expressed Jalen. It takes patience and dedication to play with new teammates or to have a new coach but it’s all worth it once your team reaches playoffs.  

Bullard made their way to valleys this season, for the second year in a row. The game was close and intense all four quarters, with the knights unfortunately lost to Clovis West in double overtime. The team played hard and pushed themselves to stay in the game. They had an outstanding season and are ready to pass off their legacy for the next season.   

Bullard beat Bakersfield high with a score of 60-53. Chris Estrada going up to shoot inside the key. The game was back and forth until the fourth quarter.