Bruno Mars’ big night at the Grammys!

Lauren Fernandez, Staff Writer

This year’s 60th annual Grammys took place on January 28th, 2018. All nominees were spectacular artists, but the one and only Bruno Mars was the star of the night. Bruno’s album 24k Magic was first released in November of 2016 and was nominated 6 times for the 60th annual Grammys– and won all of them!

Singer/songwriter Bruno Mars was born on October 8, 1985 in Honolulu, Hawaii. Bruno Mars has had many many hits since he first started singing, but his album 24k Magic is absolutely spectacular. It blew up on the Billboard 100, and now his song “Finesse (remix)” with Cardi B is number 5 on the charts.

Mars was nominated for Best R&B Performance, Best R&B Song, Record of the Year, Song of the year, and Album of the Year– all of which he won. Many people are still shocked, especially fans. Two more awards and he would be tying with Michael Jackson!

We cannot forget about the performance from Bruno Mars and Cardi B. The two performed the remix of Mars’ song “Finesse” on the Grammy stage. The music video for this song was inspired by the 90’s show Living in Color. Typically, modern day artists recreating old-school type of music can get cheesy because it’s not the same, but Bruno made it great. The music video was just as amazing as their performance.

Bruno Mars was truly recognized on this night for his talent and creativity. What’s more to come from this amazing star? Whatever it is, we know we can expect great things!

About the Writer
Lauren Fernandez, Features Editor

Freshman Lauren Fernandez is on the Bullard junior varsity water polo team. When she does not have practice, she enjoys singing, working out, and watching...