Spring is in the Air and Love Abounds on Campus!

Delaynie Samora, Staff Writer

Spring has sprung and love is all around us. If you scan the Bullard High School campus you will inevitably see young people holding hands, gazing into each other’s eyes, and perhaps softly whispering into each other’s ears.

According to neuroscientists, dopamine is the reason that love is in the air this spring. Dopamine is a naturally occurring chemical that your brain uses to increase a desire of wanting things.

Neuroscientists say that every April, your brain turns into a love junkie. In fact, brain scans of people flooded with dopamine looks a lot like brain scans of drug addicts. This natural chemical makes many lovers feel euphoric.

However, that’s not the case for everyone. One Bullard student who asked  to remain anonymous said spring affects her differently.

“I am more lovey-dovey in the winter than I am in the spring,” she declared.

Another student says the spring season makes him feel especially affectionate: “Spring is just right for close relationships,” he said. “It’s the right time to take my girl strolling on the beach.” During spring break, the couple spent time under the Orange County sunshine frolicking along Seal Beach.

It’s also a season of commitment. Wedding experts say many couples start planning their weddings during this season of renewal.

“Between the months of January to April, there is about a 25% increase in customers and sales due to many brides wanting a late spring or summer wedding,” says one manager at David’s Bridal Shop. “It’s most likely because the spring season provides many brides with the opportunity to wed outdoors during this special time in their lives. The blooming of plants and flowers and fresh grass provides a perfect backdrop to a gorgeous spring wedding.”

So, if you want to fall in love, get out and enjoy the warm weather; you just might meet your future mate!